Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Positively One of the Top Ten Honors of My Life

Some avid McBoners may remember when, back in dying, gasping, twitching last days of the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice regime, I threw McBone's weight behind the Mike Gravel presidential campaign. Well, I'm not sure if our support hurt or helped Senator Gravel's chances, but it looks like word got out after all.

While I can't take credit for coining the "Give 'em hell, Mike Gravel" slogan, I am proud that the Las Vegas Review Journal not only quoted us, but spread our anti-mayonnaise agenda to thousands of readers.

And why did I support Mike Gravel in the first place, you wonder? Trust me it's not because I'm daft. I supported Gravel because, after 8 years of undiluted evil in the White House, I was ready for someone who was unequivocal about:

Ending the war in Iraq

Fighting climate change

Supporting gay marriage

Giving the people a say when it comes to legislation

Getting minorities out of prisons and into the workforce

Hey, Mike Gravel, if you ever run for president again, I will support you. You have my vote, sir, and my undying respect. Keep on givin' 'em hell, Mike Gravel!

nwb

5 comments:

Kid Shay said...

Truly the world has seen the beginning of a new era of McBonism. It is a glorious day.

BillBow Baggins said...

While we are proud of this break through for McBone nation, as our first step into mainstream media, we hope that we will not be pigeon-holed as strictly an anti-mayonnaise blog.

We are without question much more than that, although anti-mayonnaise will now and forever be an integral part of the McBone message.

JB

Steven Lincoln said...

That's just cool.

Anonymous said...

Youv'e got to be fricking kidding me! You got cited in a journal as an anti-mayo blog that supports Mike Gravel?! Were there no other pro-Gravel websites out there?

MPF

BillBow Baggins said...

Yes, McBonism is truly on the rise.

I agree with you Steven...unbelievably cool.

Mike, there were many others. The reporter has the patience and discretion to find the best.

nwb