Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Celebrity Crush

One of the McBoners recently wrote a post about a her celebrity crush, Zachary Quinto.  Nice choice, and it reminds me of how Alex and I often talk about who our "free pass" would be.  You know, that one person who, if you ever met them, you wouldn't be responsible for your actions.

Well, I've thought long and hard about this, but for me, there's really no one who can measure up to Mark Holton.

I first noticed Mark Holton as the jumpsuit wearing antagonist, Francis, in Pee-wee's Big Adventure.  Doughy, plump and pink, I couldn't--and still can't--take my eyes off him.  My dreams are haunted by a topless Halton wrestling with Pee-wee in a giant bathtub.

I spotted him again as the dumpy high school basketball player named Chubby in Teen Wolf.  Sweating profusely as he labors up and down the court, I marvel at Halton's total lack of athleticism and yet towering sex appeal.  It's characters like Chubby that make me glad that political correctness has not yet been extended to include the overweight.  Just look at that "Beavers" uniform.  Tight in all the right places.  And can we please talk about how convincing he is as a high schooler here?  Not at all!  Does it matter?  Not at all!  I can only hope that there is a big comeback in store for him in the Pee-wee's Playhouse movie that is slated for release in 2011.

Mark Holton.  Remove the l, the second o and the n from his last name and that's how you spell my celebrity crush.

nwb

3 comments:

Kid Shay said...

Thank you for bringing up Teen Wolf, and especially Hot's role in it. He was basically the Megan Fox of the 80's.

Unknown said...

I just threw up a little.
-Holly

BillBow Baggins said...

Josh,

Megan Fox, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Flickinger all rolled into one.

Holly,

Take a picture!

nwb