Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Dark Day for Akron

McBone is proud of its Akron roots, but today the disappointment we feel in our hometown is profound, as incumbent Akron Municipal Court Judge Stephen Fallis, who has been like a second father to me for all of my 34 years, lost his seat to some no account challenger named McCarty.

A man of unshakable integrity, Steve has held the post since his appointment by Governor Ted Strickland in February.  Nowhere will you find a person better suited for a job that demands fairness, honesty and impartiality.  Guess those weren't the qualities that Akronites were looking for today.

I regret that I am not a registered Summit County voter.  Casting a vote for Steve would have been one of the honors of my life.

Your loss, Akron.

nwb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Mike

BillBow Baggins said...

Gack.

nwb

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what, Nate. Someone in the Akron legal system needs to put an injuction on the Akron Zoo. An exhibit on Jellyfish at the zoo? This needs to be rectified!

(BTW, Swenson's was great though I had no idea you could sit in your cab while the food comes to you. Ingenious!)

kb

BillBow Baggins said...

I'm so glad you hit Swenson's! It really is amazing--a quintessential part of the Akron experience.

If you think the Akron Zoo is bad, you should have seen it before it was refurbished.

nwb