Sunday, August 23, 2009

Viticulture at McBone

Here you have a picture of me with our newly-planted member of the Vitis labrusca family, the Concord grape. A native of Concord, Massachusetts, the Concord is widely used for making juice and jelly, and is also gaining increased popularity as a wine grape. It may not look like much now, but with the proper care and attention this humble vine will one day yield a vast and limitless bounty of fruit.

And someday when I am lounging supine in my harem on a sweltering summer day, I will allow my favorite wife (Alex) to feed the grapes to me one by one as I rest my head in her lap.

That won't happen overnight, of course. It all begins here, with a vine, a little dirt and that McBone can-do attitude.

nwb

2 comments:

Kid Shay said...

Those are some shiny white sneakers, my friend. I reckon they won't be so by the time your harem is constructed.

BillBow Baggins said...

Hey, they ARE shiny! Cool!


nwb