Monday, July 13, 2009

Sometimes you just wake up

And realize how lucky you are....But I think most of the time we wake up and live each day often forgetting about the gifts we have been given. The people we have met.

My thoughts go out to the Gordon family. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylergordon/journal

I was fortunate enough to grow up in a community where the relationship you had with your friends, was not all that different then the one you have with your true family. The parents, brothers, sisters, grandmothers and grandfathers...whomever...of all my hometown friends always treated us as their own. Protecting, guiding and often times even scolding....My family and the extended family of where we lived made us the people we are. It is the reason why we all still have such a close bond, even if we don't see or talk to each other for days, months, years.
The Gordon family was one of those families...One that I know touched so many of us. So thank you.

These are the things that motivate me, every single day. So that I can give my children all that I was fortunate enough to receive. I love my community, I love all of you that touched my life and made living in Bath, Richfield and Akron the greatest memories of my life.

So anyway...today I choose to be thankful. Mom, Dad, Krystl, Nate, Alex, Spencer, Seda, Isla.......I'm thankful for you. Even though you're all idiots...and some of you like mayonnaise.....I love you.

jab

1 comment:

BillBow Baggins said...

We appreciate you and your idiot girlfriend too, idiot.

nwb