Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This Generation

With a deadline looming at the end of the month, my posting is going to be sporadic at best, McBoners, but I did want to take a moment to tell you about a couple of links that are well worth checking out.

My old buddy Darin, whose music blog The Wheel's Still in Spin I introduced you to last year, had been out of commission for a while.  Now he's back and blogging better than ever.  If you're looking for new music and hoping to steer clear of the claptrap, this is your site.  Darin keeps us apprised of all the best new albums coming out, and, as if that weren't enough, he has integrated a weekly movie review into his writings!

Due to his towering sex appeal, Darin managed to score himself an equally industrious girlfriend.  Nancy has rounded up a formidable band of regular contributors and started her own site, This Generation, as a way for the 'Generation X, Y & WTF' to say just what it thinks about...pretty much anything.  I can't really sum it up; the scope is vast and the writing high quality.  Best to let the site speak for itself.  Start here (yes, I'm whoring myself) and then take some time to look around.

Happing reading!

nwb

2 comments:

Kid Shay said...

Any blog that loves ol' Bob is good with me.

This Generation is also very cool, although they don't focus on Dylan as much.

And may I say that Gulf oil tracker is highly disturbing.

Darin said...

I would argue that it is Nancy's towering sex appeal that got me, not the other way around. I'm the lucky one.

Thanks for the links!