Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last Ditch

Injuries, ineptitude and a seven game losing streak; add it all up and the Indians are looking like just about the worst team in baseball.  A couple of months ago I foresaw a 60 win season.  More and more that prediction appears to be the lunatic optimism of a incurable fan.  In an attempt to ignite a cadaverous offense and draw another couple of fans to the park, phenom catcher/guitar hero Carlos Santana was promoted to the majors.  Though the young Dominican has quickly endeared himself with his preternatural ability make contact with the ball, the losses continue to pile up. 

Oh yes, and we still have the most embarrassing mascot in sports.

Fuck it.  It's time for the club to get serious, and I can think of only one thing that will turn this season around.  Salvation can be found wearing short shorts, just down the road in the little village called Sheffield Lake.

Where have you gone, Sheffield Lake Girl?  A city turns its lonely eyes to you.

Woo woo woo.

nwb

4 comments:

SeMm said...

!Hace calor aqui!

Spontaneous Writing said...

Hi Nate, I am considering learning about gardening as I realize most gardeners know too little about what they do, but....I am your follower and really enjoy your humour, but.... and it is a pain in the but alright, I don't fully understand your texts, darn it! and it gets to me. Any tips?

BillBow Baggins said...

Tia,

I'm not sure! Keep reading. You probably don't know about the Sheffield Lake Girl, but she is part of the McBoniverse. The more you read, the more it will make sense.

Trust me, if you wrote your posts in Spanish, I would understand about 15%. If you wrote in Portuguese, probably .01%. So thanks for writing in English.

nwb

Anonymous said...

Screw the Indians, Nate. You're gonna need to put an APB out the Sheffield Lake girl to keep LeBron from escaping to Chicago...

dg