Sunday, March 27, 2011
Not Trickling Down
4) Christy Walton - 24 billion
7) Jim Walton - 20.1 billion
8) Alice Walton - 20 billion
9) S. Robson Walton - 19.7 billion
98) Ann Walton Kroenke - 3.2 billion
136) Nancy Walton Laurie - 2.6 billion
That's six people in one family with a combined net worth of 89.6 billion dollars. The company's CEO, Mike Duke, pulls in 6 million dollars per annum.
What, pray, does the average full-time Wal-Mart employee bring in on an hourly basis?
$11.75 an hour.
What, in Wal-Mart's opinion, constitutes full time?
34 hours a week.
I wish that these six Waltons could be made to live on $20,000 for one year. That would make for some good reality TV right there.