Monday, January 4, 2010

Three Reasons it's Good to Be Me

OK, McBoners, it's time for you to drop whatever you're doing and be very, very jealous of me.  That's because I have in my possession a bottle of 2001 Chateau Cantemerle:


Recognized in the legendary 1855 classification of Bordeaux wines, Chateau Cantemerle hails from the unparalleled Haut-Medoc, quite simply the most celebrated winemaking region in the galaxy.  Rich, earthy, and with pronounced notes of plum and bacon (yes, bacon! Glorious bacon), this vintage of Chateau Cantemerle well deserves it's nearly 160-year-old reputation.

Not jealous yet?  Ho ho! Well then behold this handsome two-volume edition of the Complete Far Side--250 pounds of single panel comic nirvana:


This is the holy grail of Christmas presents for nerds and proof positive that my foxy, popular Venezuelan wife digs the shit out of me.  Oh, and hey, there's another reason, in case you're still not convinced:


Bam!  It's good to be me.

nwb