Monday, January 24, 2011

More Highlights from the McBone Mailbag

That's it, Kid Shay.  Let it all out.
Though it is highly irregular for us to publish more than one letter within a two year span, this one so tickled our fancy we thought it deserved an audience more far flung than the population of our mailroom:

Dear McBone,

This morning I threw up.  It was the first time in many years - I can't actually remember the last time I vomited.  It took me by complete surprise.  I'm not sick, didn't eat anything bad (that I know of).  I just threw up.

It was after breakfast.  I normally take two pills each morning: Glucosamine and Vitamin C.  Glucosamine went down fine, as usual.  When I tried to take the C pill, though, something strange happened.  I wasn't able to swallow it.  I tried once, twice, three times.  I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to swallow all of a sudden.  I spit the pill out, then felt my stomach heave.  I made it to the sink in time to lose most of my breakfast.


I threw up thrice.  The first time was a bit chunky; I had cereal and tea, so it looked like that.  The second time it was more liquid, and the third time was a dry heave.


Isis said I hit a gag reflex by accident.  That sounds true.  I wasn't feeling off, and hadn't eaten differently this morning.  Now I'm at work and feeling (mostly) fine.

What a way to start the week.  My only consolation is that you'll get such a joy from reading this.


Kid Shay


Dear Kid,

You sure you didn't catch a glimpse of some Comic Sans this morning?  What kind of cereal, by the way?  Not Cookie Crisp, I hope!

nwb

3 comments:

Kid Shay said...

What, no comments?

It was Bob's Red Mill Museli, same as every morning. Yes, I am an old man.

BillBow Baggins said...

You almost make me feel guilty about the Three Musketeers I had for breakfast.

nwb

Kid Shay said...

A Three Musketeers bar actually contains more beef than a Taco Bell taco.