Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welcome to Falling Rock National Park, Year Four


Friends, I've been singing the praises of Welcome to Falling Rock National Park for years now. Clearly the influence of McBone isn't such that you are able to open your local newspaper each morning and read my friend Josh's daily comic, nestled snugly between the biting political commentary of Doonesbury and the no-nonsense wisdom of Mary Worth. That's because, while McBone has the police, a network of judges and several prominent congressmen in its pocket, we have yet to gain control of the major syndicates responsible for the distribution of comic strips. I've tried all the usual tactics: threats, intimidation. I'm pretty sure there are a few people that ended up on the bottom of the river. Nothing seems to work.

That's where you come in. I'm asking you to pledge your support for the official comic strip of McBone. Season four is here. Read a month's worth of comics, get to know the park and the creatures who live there. I know you'll love Falling Rock. In fact, I'm so sure you'll be hooked, I'm offering something I don't hand out lightly: the McBone Guarantee. When you're ready, send a quick email to the editors of your daily rag and ask them in the kindest possible words to put Falling Rock in their goddam worthless paper.

nwb

2 comments:

Kid Shay said...

I've already heard from one reader who is writing to her local paper.

Your powers are indeed mighty!

BillBow Baggins said...

Geez! Good to know I have a reader, first of all. Almost I can smell syndication.

nwb